Feb 25th, 2021
Zach Miller is a two-time winner of The North Face 50 and has won such races Madeira Island Ultra Trail Race, CCC, Lake Sonoma 50 miler, & the JFK 50. He is sponsored by North Face, Buff, Nathan, Gu, and Grand pa.org. A recent documentary by Billy Yang is titled Zach: In Relentless Pursuit Of His Best.
- 3:36 A mediocre start to running.
- 6:23 50 miles sounded “out there.”
- 8:36 On the start line with the best in the world.
- 11:46 “I just raced.”
- 17:46 When victory led to change.
- 21:38 Hard work, rejuvenation, and passion: Forming a niche.
- 24:53 Avoiding adventures to fit the plan.
- 27:43 Running without technology, being in the driver’s seat.
- 33:16 Showing up for the process.
- 39:23 “This little piece of life we’ve been given.”
- 42:39 Zach’s key questions to ask yourself.
- 44:04 Being a skeptic along the journey.
- 49:13 What would a fun athlete do?
- 53:40 80 percent of the population might hit this line.
- 57:25 Pushing all the way up to the physical limit with your mental game.
- 1:00:46 Finding the rhythm of UTMB.
- 1:07:13 Does it get you fired up? Add it to the calendar.
- 1:12:19 “All the little things.”
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell