Tony Hofmann is a West Point graduate, Qualified Army Ranger, and retired colonel of a 26 year career. He’s has completed over 40 marathons/ultras, including 12 (and counting) Boston Marathons as well as the legendary Leadville 100. He’s an author of the book- Embracing Grit.
He is the founder of Team Leadville focused on stopping veteran suicide and PTSD awareness. They finish as a team and everyone who has started the race has finished. Team Leadville has saved lives and raised over $216,000 and counting...
- 3:21 Legacy in a small town.
- 4:36 The turning point halfway through basic training.
- 7:35 No time for grief.
- 9:28 Eyeballing the what-ifs.
- 11:37 It wasn’t love at first sight.
- 16:49 The 100-mile transformation.
- 24:26 29 minutes to spare.
- 28:44 “Relentless forward progress.”
- 33:35 Purpose, endurance, teamwork, and grit.
- 38:27 Only as strong as the slowest runner.
- 41:57 Less than 7, but 14 of all.
- 45:14 Identity found in purpose.
- 48:05 How can I make a real difference?
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell