Dec 17th, 2020
Joel Goldberg has been a member of the Kansas City Royals television broadcast since 2008, serving as the host of every pregame and postgame show on FOX Sports Kansas City. Joel built a 25-year career developing and maintaining strong relationships and last three (3) years has hosted a weekly podcast called Rounding The Bases. His book is Small Ball- Big Results
- 2:39 Joel describes his book and effective story-telling.
- 6:15 What Albert Pujols taught Joel about relationships after 10 years.
- 12:23 Authenticity, genuine curiosity, and reading the room.
- 16:10 Joel reflects on working with Ned Yost.
- 20:01 Win or lose, there’s a job to do: Bring it everyday.
- 25:35 Process over product, and believe the process.
- 31:40 “I will not allow you to fail.”
- 38:36 Joel recalls spontaneous, meaningful interviews with 2 stars.
- 41:30 Eliminating distractions: “I’m not the guy.”
- 45:45 The question of purpose is forever evolving.
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe on apple podcasts and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell