Mar 17th, 2022
Andy Glaze is an avid Ultra Runner and Captain of the LA County Fire Department. In the year 2020 he ran 8,000 miles, which equates to running roughly 21 miles every day. Andy is passionate about spreading positivity through his social media platforms; specifically, sharing his two goals for each run: to smile and to finish the race.
- 9:58 The power of smiling.
- 12:00 Lessons from “Did Not Finish.”
- 14:44 What quiets the mind.
- 15:28 Not visiting that room.
- 17:19 The best part of racing is surviving.
- 19:45 Being a 2:30am riser.
- 23:18 Every sunset and every sunrise.
- 26:24 “So many things can go wrong” at 250 miles.
- 29:46 The most regretted race.
- 32:58 Processing and overcoming the setback.
- 36:03 Analyzing small failures well.
- 38:52 When training is better than racing.
- 40:51 Results don’t matter.
- 41:53 “Better to be fast at mile 80 than mile 20.”
- 43:40 Can’t rush long term goals.
- 49:44 The rainstorm at Mount Fuji.
- 56:07 “I don’t want to die. This is like a hobby.”
- 58:55 Part of the obsession.
- 1:01:22 Big’s Backyard Ultra.
- 1:03:21 No meat athlete.
- 1:06:22 90% of runs are slow-paced.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell