Mar 3rd, 2022
Ruben Amaro Jr. is a former Major League Baseball player with 7 seasons of experience. He won an American League pennant with the Indians and a National League pennant with the Phillies. He was General Manager for the Phillies from 2008- 2015. He has also served as a Major League coach for the Mets and Red Sox. Most recently, he has served as a pre- and post-game analyst for NBC Sports in Philly.
- 3:40 Harry Kalas and Philadelphia in 1992.
- 7:46 “You’re not as good as your dad.”
- 9:41 View it as a challenge, not a negative.
- 12:27 Creating a fire to prove someone wrong.
- 15:08 Non-prospect.
- 16:48 Observing preparation.
- 18:30 The little things that lead to success.
- 21:02 Getting caught up and getting out of routines.
- 23:30 Resetting, overcoming, and being the best bench player.
- 26:26 Chosen as the last roster spot.
- 29:03 Every at bat was a gun fight.
- 31:40 Sitting on the World Series parade float.
- 33:16 “Another guy who figured out a way to win.”
- 35:04 Winning is always the challenge.
- 36:47 Patience and impulsivity.
- 38:03 Reflecting on Roy Halladay.
- 41:56 “You get hired to get fired.”
- 43:53 Still Ruben Amaro Jr.
- 47:00 “It’s about your connection with the players.”
- 49:54 Respect in the coach-to-coach relationship.
- 55:53 The outcome of losing the process.
- 58:23 Failure as a necessity.
- 59:57 Taking a step back to go a step further.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell