Dec 2nd, 2021
Mike Lingenfelter is Co-Director/Owner of Munciana Volleyball Club. He has six national championships and his Munciana Samurai teams have placed in the top 3 (JVA/AAU/USA) in the nation every year of its existence (2004).
In the high school arena he led Waphani High School to 3 state championships and has been awarded State Coach of the Year 3 times.
At the collegiate level, our guest was a 3-time Conference USA/Metro Conference Coach of the Year and amassed over 200 Victories.
He is also the recipient of the prestigious Don Shondell Lifetime Achievement Award as well as the AVCA 18's Coach of the Year.
- 4:37 From Coach Knight to Coach Wooden.
- 7:40 When winning or losing isn’t the standard.
- 13:56 Setting parameters too often.
- 15:57 Being silent is being selfish.
- 20:46 Obsession and the art of the lonely practice.
- 23:40 “And that’s on me.”
- 27:58 Living in a world that celebrates mediocrity.
- 29:38 The perspective of the best athletes.
- 31:18 Having “stick-to-it-ness.”
- 34:00 Asking for effort, not success.
- 36:52 Allow kids to feel bulletproof.
- 40:57 Coaches recruit families.
- 46:55 Love is the critical issue.
- 52:20 What drove him to be a lifelong learner.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell