Coach McMillan is in his 13th season as the University of Tennesse-Martin Women's Basketball coach. They have won 4 conference tournament titles and 6 regular season titles. UT-M has been to post-season 9 times. Coach McMillan has been Ohio Valley Conference Coach of the Year on 4 occasions.
100 % of players have graduated during his tenure, and the program recently had its 1st player in OVC history, Chelsey Perry, be drafted into the WNBA.
- 3:06 Developing a WNBA player.
- 5:32 Don’t take anything personally.
- 6:58 The rarity of extra time.
- 8:11 Creating adversity everyday.
- 10:14 Hard to define, easy to notice.
- 12:13 “I’ll stop coaching whenever I have to lower my expectations.”
- 14:41 Water on a rock overtime.
- 19:10 The ownership circle.
- 20:51 Not coaching the final score.
- 22:32 Parents: There’s justice in allowing this.
- 26:04 “Isn’t that what sports is here to do for kids?”
- 29:36 Processing a tragedy and life’s fragility.
- 33:28 Wanting to go back to high school.
- 38:41 The part coaches have control over.
- 40:30 Eight storms coming together from a 10,000-foot view.
- 45:32 Crockpot coaching.
- 47:19 The best can handle it.
- 50:37 How do you sustain with change?
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell