In 2011, Michele Graglia, discovered his true passion resided far away from the cameras and jet-set lifestyle of a fashion model. he started his ultra-running career. He won his 1st race in 2012, which was everglades 50 miler. Since, he has been one of top ultra-distance runners winning numerous races.
In 2018, he won The Badwater 135, the race across Death Valley. And he ran the 600 miles setting a new Guinness World Record for the fastest crossing of Atacama Desert in Chile. Most recently, he won Moab 240 in a time of 61 hours, 43 minutes.
- 3:08 How chasing fulfillment saved his life. The Hinge Moment.
- 9:49 The fire alarm in New York City.
- 12:34 Find your inner child and play again.
- 15:14 What’s the driving force?
- 16:18 How he reconnected to himself.
- 18:38 The only way to rise back up.
- 19:53 “How good? I had no idea.”
- 22:28 The key to longevity in sport.
- 24:18 Racing: enjoy it for what it is.
- 26:37 We shouldn’t let the mind make decisions.
- 29:17 Moab 240: The new exploration is within.
- 32:23 Mickey recalls the highs and lows of Moab.
- 41:27 Detaching from David Goggins in the race.
- 42:49 Hitting the top of both mountains during the sunrise.
- 46:11 A moment of complete despair right before the end.
- 48:20 “It was so uplifting, I started running.”
- 51:05 The first step past the finish line.
- 55:12 Defining true mastery.
- 59:00 2020 for athletes & runners.
- 1:01:18 Mickey’s message to detach and get lost.
- 1:04:30 “Fear is a mental construct.”
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe on apple podcasts and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell