May 19th, 2022
Donita Walters is a repeat guest of the show (see Episode 43). She is a high school teacher and swim coach. As a swim coach, she has coached many at the national level and the Olympic Games in Rio. She is an avid cyclist and accomplished her goal of riding coast-coast across the United States, a total of over 3700 miles. She had ridden close to 5000 miles as her training for this epic journey when her hinge moment occurred...
- 4:22 The last training ride.
- 7:50 When the go-getter is sidelined.
- 9:33 Pain that takes your breath away.
- 12:54 Coaching young athletes through set backs.
- 14:20 The next hinge moment.
- 16:53 Going from East to West.
- 21:43 The bad 4-letter word.
- 25:43 “360-degrees of awesome on the bike saddle.”
- 29:28 The first Rocky Mountain climb.
- 32:19 Taking the front tire to the water’s edge.
- 34:58 “It’s not about me.”
- 36:50 Didn’t always feel like a miracle.
- 39:00 Coming off the mountain.
- 40:54 Never give up.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell