Devan Kline, former San Francisco Giants baseball player turned Co-Founder and CEO of Burn Boot Camp. One of the fastest-growing franchises in the US, because of his passion and enthusiasm for helping people achieve more than they ever thought possible. Recently he released his new book "Stop Starting Over!"
- 2:22 Devan Kline’s introduction.
- 4:20 How he’s changing the fitness industry.
- 5:30 Burn Bootcamp’s mission: “champion the underdog.”
- 7:15 The common mindset in the individuals he helps.
- 9:30 “We were built on culture.”
- 10:56 The one person who believed in his mission.
- 11:55 Mental toughness: knowing the threshold of what you can control.
- 13:42 “I put my problems in perspective.”
- 14:40 Prepare for challenges on the way to the top.
- 17:20 How Devan’s past taught him to focus on gratitude.
- 20:15 Using past hurt as fuel for today.
- 22:18 “I’m coming for everything they said I couldn’t have.”
- 24:18 How important is it to have someone discourage you?
- 26:26 Pairing intrinsic and extrinsic motivations.
- 27:08 Devan shares his hinge moment.
- 31:48 When Devan hosted the first camp up with Burn Boot camp.
- 34:10 The power of visualizing your success.
- 36:21 “Your life is won or lost with the thoughts that you allow yourself to believe.”
- 37:39 How setting intentions is like following the North Star.
- 40:11 Walking the tightrope that separates who you are with who you want to be.
Join The Mental Toughness Newsletter and TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
ENTER DRROBBBELL at Getsom.com for 15% off.
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe on itunes and leave a review
Dr. Rob Bell