Feb 11th, 2021
Barry Zito is a 2x world series champion, 2002 Cy Young winner, and talented musician. He was The Rhino on The Masked Singer. His book is titled: Curveball: How I discovered true fulfillment after chasing fame and fortune.
- 3:48 Performing as a masked rhino.
- 5:40 Taking lessons from the field to life today.
- 7:56 Taking credit for a curveball.
- 10:35 Staying on his side of the fence.
- 12:43 The challenge of repeating success.
- 14:20 The weight of 126 million dollars.
- 16:23 Staring out over the hills alone.
- 20:31 “Results are for other people.”
- 23:45 The echo of a thousand boo’s.
- 27:27 Transferring fame and fortune onto young talent.
- 30:25 Playing his own game within the game.
- 36:05 All the glory comes from being your best self.
- 38:18 Enjoying success without attachment.
- 41:10 Keeping identity and performance separate.
- 44:03 Going back in time with childlike wonder.
- 46:50 Following what's in his blood: continuing his music career.
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell